While not a seafood dish itself, this Sichuan asparagus recipe makes an excellent accompaniment to shrimp, fish, and other entrees of the ocean.
- 12 spears asparagus, tough ends removed and cut into thirds
- 1 tablespoon olive or canola oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the oil. When the oil stops shimmering add the garlic, ginger and Sriracha. Cook briefly.
- Add the asparagus and cook five to six minutes or until the asparagus is barely tender. Stir in the oyster sauce and sesame oil. Toss to coat.
Heat scale: Medium