This moist trout has a lovely rosemary aroma mingled with tantalizing Hot Pepper Jelly. Be sure to follow the directions closely!
Hot Pepper Glazed Smoked Trout Ingredients
- 1 to 1½ trout
- 1 cup Apple Cider Lemon Herb Brine
- 1 cup Hot Pepper Jelly
- Handful of dried rosemary
- Go fishing at your favorite fishing place or the fish department at your local grocery store. Catch trout.
- Eviscerate the fish and place in a Ziploc with brine and ½ cup of the Hot Pepper Jelly.
- Remove all air and zip it tight. Place the bag in a cooler and continue fishing because you need the time off.
- When you are finally tired of catching fish, and are totally relaxed, build a small campfire. Use a deep, heavy-bottomed stockpot and put the rosemary in the bottom.
- Put another pot with a handle inside and fashion a wire mesh over the second pan. Put the pot over the heat until the rosemary starts to smoke.
- Take your brined fish and glaze it with the remaining ½ cup of Hot Pepper Jelly.
- Place the fish carefully on the rack inside the stockpot and cover. Cook over medium heat for 15-20 minutes and remove from heat.
- Carefully remove the fish and place on a bed of greens and serve.