This tuna roll from Byron Bay Chilli Co isn’t of the sushi persuasion. It’s more like the zenith of possibility for a traditional tuna salad sandwich. Which is a very good thing; personally, I love a good tuna sandwich. And if I’d known about this in my college days, I’d have made it at least three days a week.
Tuna Roll Ingredients
- 15 ounces tuna in spring water
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- ¼ cup Byron Bay Chilli Co Fiery Coconut Chilli Sauce
- ¼ cup sliced spring onions
- ¼ cup finely chopped celery
- ¼ cup chopped coriander
- 1 fresh chilli, minced (optional)
- 4 lightly toasted Turkish bread rolls
- Alfalfa or sunflower sprouts
- Shredded carrot
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- 1 large ripe avocado, sliced
- Salad greens
- Drain the tuna and mix it with the mayonnaise, yogurt, chilli sauce, onions, celery, coriander and chilli.
- Slice rolls and spread with mayonnaise mixed with chilli sauce.
- Divide mixture between rolls, spreading evenly. Layer with remaining ingredients
Servings: 4 exceptional sandwiches