This shrimp salsa recipe features PAMA Pomegranate Liqueur in a vinaigrette that could easily be used on a variety of salads.
Shrimp Salsa Ingredients
- ½ lb. medium shrimp, cooked and peeled
- 1 jalapeño pepper, chopped
- 1 shallot, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium tomato, cored and chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoons PAMA Pomegranate Liqueur
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Half a package of square wonton skins (about 20 skins)
- Combine all vinaigrette ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together.
- Put the shrimp, jalapeño, shallot, tomato, green onion, and cilantro into a wide shallow bowl. Add the vinaigrette and toss. Marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, make the wonton chips. Pour oil into a stir-fry pan to a depth of 1 ½ inches and heat over medium-high heat to 350 degrees F. While the oil is heating, line a plate with two layers of paper towels.
- Cut the wonton skins into triangles. Working in batches, fry the skins, turning occasionally, until crisp and golden brown (about one minute per batch). Drain on paper towels.
- Serve the salsa with the chips on the side.