Here is a simple salmon recipe that’s quick to prepare but tastes great. You can literally whip it up while you are starting the grill. Feel free to flavor this with a little light smoke–say apple or other fruitwoods. Serve with a creamy rissoto, arugula, and tomato salad and a chilled white wine.
For the Salmon:
- 4 salmon steaks
- Olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the Green Chile Lime Sauce:
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 3 roasted and peeled New Mexico green chiles, stems and seeds removed
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- Brush the steaks with the oil and season with the salt and pepper. Place all the ingredients for the sauce in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
- Grill the steaks over a medium fire for about 8 minutes, turning several times, or until the fish flakes on the outside.
- To serve, pour some of the sauce on individual plates, place the steaks on top of the sauce, and top with additional sauce.