This simple chilli prawns dish is for people who like their seafood spicy. Find more recipes and read about Dave DeWitt’s Singapore trip in the article Singapore Fling by Dave De Witt.
Chilli Prawns Ingredients
- 10 fresh red chillis such as Serranos
- 1/2 pound large prawns or substitute Gulf shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 10 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (Kikkoman preferred)
- Trim the heads of the prawns by removing the feelers but leave the heads on. Wash the prawns and pat dry.
- In a food processor, puree the chillis and garlic together to make a rough paste.
- Heat the oil in a wok, and when it smokes, add the chilli-garlic paste and stir fry until fragrant. Add the prawns and stir fry until the shells turn red, about 5 minutes. Add the soy sauce and stir fry until well-mixed, about 1 minute. Serve with hot steamed rice.