There are many variations on this Creole barbecue sauce from Argentina, but this is my favorite. It is served with grilled, roasted, or barbecued meats and seafood. Variation: Add 1 bell pepper and 1 jalapeño, both seeded and minced.
Creole Barbecue Sauce Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons ají chile powder or substitute New Mexican red chile powder
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 onions, minced
- 3 ripe tomatoes, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons minced Italian parsley
- Salt to taste
- Combine the chile powder and the mustard with a little vinegar to make a paste. Add the rest of the vinegar and the olive oil and beat with a whisk.
- Add the remaining ingredients, stir well, and allow to sit for 2 hours to blend the flavors.